WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If you are a visitor to our site, we may collect, record and analyze information about how you use our website. We gather data about the number of visitors and visits, geo-location information such as precise or approximate location determined by your IP address, payment transaction information such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. We also use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
We may also collect and process any Personal Data that you volunteer to us in our website’s forms, such as when you sign up for information and newsletters, when you open an account with us (even if you do not purchase anything), enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, reply to our direct marketing campaigns (for example, filling out a response card), or participate in another site feature. The information collected and processed may include your name, address, phone number, and email address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously without providing this information.
On the other hand, if you purchase anything from us – whether on our website, over the phone, or through another means –we may collect your billing name, shipping name, billing address, shipping address, phone number(s), email address, and, when necessary, credit card information and date of birth. This information is necessary to process your order. After you have purchased something from us, we may collect sales and services information relating to your purchases, including complaints and claims for warranty services. We may collect this information when you register on our website, place an order, or contact our customer hotlines. Finally, we may – directly or through third party services or websites – collect any reviews that you submit pertaining to our products or services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:Provide, Improve, and Develop our services. We use personal information to:
- enable you to access the website and make and receive payments,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Portland Fir website, your search and order history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- enforce our agreements with third parties,
- comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights
Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Portland Fir or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
Provide Payment services. Personal information is used to enable or authorize third parties to use Payment Services:
- Detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, security incidents.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
- Provide and improve the Payment Services.
The processing of your Personal Data set out above is permitted under the GDPR on the basis of these legal grounds for lawful processing of Personal Data:
- We will use your Personal Data where you have given your affirmative consent to our use of such information. Where your consent is required for the processing of your Personal Data, you will have been presented with a request for consent in relation to any such use. You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions set out in the “Your Privacy Preferences” section below.
- We use your Personal Data where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you. We use also your information where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations including co-operating with legal investigations as outlined above.
- Your information may be used by us to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights. Our legitimate interests include promoting our business, preventing fraud, tailoring updates and offers to your profile, and research and development of Artificial Christmas trees, Christmas decorations, Home Decor, purchasing analytics and related market research, managing your account and verifying your identity, updating and developing our website, sending you information on our products and services (in accordance with your preferences) or otherwise presenting you with advertisements, other promotional activities, cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory investigations, and related products and services. This may include sending you email surveys asking questions about products your purchased, a customer service interaction, or your experience in using our website; these surveys are intended solely to help us improve our products and services, and you may receive these even if you have not opted in to receive our marketing emails.
- We may also use your Personal Data where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
You privacy is important to us. Although we cannot guarantee 100% protection, we implement a variety of important security measures to ensure the safety of your personal information. Your Personal Data is contained behind secured networks to prohibit unauthorized access, and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. When you place orders or access your Personal Data, we offer the use of a secure server.
All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not retain your information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws. If any Personal Data is used for two or more purposes, we will retain it only until the purpose with the latest period has been accomplished. We will, however, no longer use the Personal Data for the purpose which has already been accomplished.
Our retention periods are based on our business needs, including but not limited to ensuring our compliance with our contract with you (e.g., warranties, product recalls, finance and accounting records, after sales queries) and other legal obligations including with respect to applicable statute of limitation periods. This means that if you revoke your consent, or request for deletion of your Personal Data, we may nonetheless still retain certain of your information in order to meet relevant legal obligations and to defend or prosecute a case or claim against you, us or a third party, in which case we may retain the necessary Personal Data as long as such case or claim could be pursued. Once your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purpose/s for which they were obtained, they will be permanently anonymized or deleted as applicable.
DO WE USE ”COOKIES”?
- to enable you to use and access our website and the Payment Services
- to enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning and your access to our website
- to better understand how you navigate through and interact with our website
- to serve you tailored advertising (such as on the website, emails and on third-party websites)
- to show you content (e.g., advertisements) that is more relevant to you
- to monitor and analyze the performance, operation, and effectiveness of the Airbnb Platform and Airbnb advertisements
- to enforce legal agreements that govern use of our website
- for fraud detection and prevention, trust and safety, and investigations
- for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, and regulatory compliance.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We will ensure that we have legal grounds for the transfer of Personal Data to such countries, and that such data transfers are subject to appropriate safeguards in order to protect the safety and integrity of your Personal Data.
YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES
Upon your affirmative consent, we may send you periodic promotional e-mails. If you change your mind and would like to discontinue receiving promotional e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Our Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Subject to exceptions under applicable law, you have the following data subject rights:
- Request additional information on how we use your personal data;
- Access a copy of your personal data;
- Rectify or correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you;
- Object to certain of our processing activities on the basis of our legitimate interests unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights;
- Remove you from any direct marketing lists when you object or withdraw your consent;
- Restrict our use of your Personal Data;
- Request for a copy of your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (data portability); and
- Delete any information about you that we no longer have a lawful ground to use.
These rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for under data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights, see the contact information in the next section of this policy.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the Irish Data Protection Commissioner. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation, you may send questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.